MHA’s Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) relies on property owners to provide decent, safe, sanitary and affordable dwelling units for HCVP participants. View the
|HCV Special Announcements|
| New Owner Incentive Payment Program Effective September 1st
|Eviction Suspension Guidance|
HCV Owner Guidebook for an informative Owner/Landlord HCVP overview.
After a HCVP participant selects your unit, there are a few simple steps to start receiving housing assistance payments (HAP) from MHA on behalf of your HCVP tenant.
- Complete and submit the Request for Tenancy Approval packet provided to you by the HCVP voucher holder. MHA will contact you to schedule an inspection.
- Ensure your unit is ready for MHA’s HQS inspection—utilities on, owner-provided appliances working, move-in ready. HUD’s HQS Inspection Checklist tells you what MHA will be looking for during the inspection.
- Charge only a market-comparable rent.
- Include HUD’s Tenancy Addendum as part of your lease with the tenant.
- Upon MHA unit approval of the unit and rent, sign and return the Housing Assistance Payment Contract.
Leasing Process Overview
TNHousingSearch.org helps Tennessee families find rental in their local communities. Owners may list available rental units and families may search for available units for free at TNHousingSearch.org
MHA also provides participating owners with a free and convenient Owner Portal. The Owner Portal features 24/7 access to your HAP payment information, inspection schedules and results, 1099 information and MHA messages. Click here to access the Owner Portal.