Memphis Housing Authority Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response & Temporary Measures
Memphis Housing Authority (MHA) cares about the health of all
impacted by the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and the health and safety of our clients, staff and community members remains a top priority amid the COVID-19 pandemic. This is an unprecedented time in Shelby County and across the world. We will continue to follow guidance from the CDC and local/state government officials.
We thank you for being flexible and accommodating as we take the appropriate precautionary measures to limit the spread of COVID-19, while continuing to provide the best service possible. Following the guidance from the CDC and local/state government officials regarding the transmission of COVID-19, MHA is implementing a modified telework schedule and all MHA offices are closed to the public.
TEMPORARY PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP):
The HCV Office is closed and HCV services are provided remotely. Clients may call the HCVP Customer Service Center at (901) 544-1347 anytime during regular business hours. Dedicated HCVP Customer Service Center representatives are ready to assist with HCVP inquiries. The HCVP team is also available via email and fax to assist you.
Contact the MHA
MEMPHIS HOUSING AUTHORITY
HCV CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER (901) 544-1347 HCV FAX LINE (901) 544-1375
HCV SERVICE EMAIL ADDRESS
Customer Service – general inquiries
Request for Tenancy Approval (RTA)
Recertification – annual recerts & interim changes
Due to the high volume of customer inquiries received daily in the HCVP office, all voicemail and emails will be responded to within two business days. The temporary measures implemented for HCV program applicants, participants and owners include:
Submitting Information: You may submit recertification packets, interims, verification documents, RFTAs and any other information via US mail, fax, or email with scanned attachments or photos of the documents. When you use email, your “sent” email will be considered as your receipt. Clients may also submit documents in the Dropbox in the lobby of the Central Office, located at 700 Adams Avenue, Monday – Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Please do not submit original personal identifiable information (PII), e.g. Birth Certificate, SS Card, Picture ID. Clients are strongly encouraged to submit copies of PII documents.
Note: To minimize potential exposure to COVID-19, drop off is the least preferred option. Also, please be advised that the Security Guard is unable to answer any questions. If you have questions, you may call the HCVP Customer Service Center at (901) 544-1347.
HCV Participants: Most participant functions can be completed online through our Resident portal. The Resident Portal is designed to make the HCV process easier and more efficient – access payment history, family information, inspection information and unit details.
If you are a current participant and need to complete your Annual Recertification or you have changes in your household circumstances (income, expenses and composition) and would like to request an Interim Recertification, you may submit Annual Recertification packet or Interim Recertification requests along with supporting documentation to the HCVP team using one of the 5 options below:
5 Ways to Submit your Annual or Interim Recertification:
- Log in to the Tenant Portal by clickinghttps://myportal.memphisha.org/ In order to access and use the Tenant Portal, you must first set up an account using the personalized registration code included in your Portal Registration letter. If you are a current HCV participant and don’t have a Portal account, you can register and get started at https://myportal.memphisha.org/, select Resident Login at the top right of the page, then click the words, "Click Here to Register." If you have yet to receive or cannot find your registration letter or code, please contact the HCVP Customer Service Center at (901) 544-1347 or by email at HCV.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email the Annual/Interim Recertification and supporting documents to email@example.com and include the word “Annual or Interim Recertification” and your “name and client number or last four digits of your SSN” in the subject line.
- Mail the Annual/Interim Recertification and supporting documents to Memphis Housing Authority - Attn: HCV Department, 700 Adams Avenue, Memphis, TN
- Fax the Annual/Interim Recertification and supporting documents to the HCV Fax line at (901) 544-1375.
- Drop off the Annual/Interim Recertification and supporting documents at the “no contact” drop box, located at MHA’s Central Office, located at 700 Adams Avenue, Memphis, TN
Generally within 30 days, the HCVP team will review and verify all documentation submitted and notify the participant and the landlord of the family’s portion of the rent and how much MHA will pay in housing assistance, if applicable.
The following downloadable forms are provided for your convenience. These forms may be submitted to us via email at HCV.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annual Reexam Packet-F
- Certification of VAWA-F
- Certification of Zero Income-F
- Change in Family Comp-Addition
- Change in Family Comp-Removal
- Employment-Unemployment Self Certification-F
- Inspection Complaint Form-F
- Notice to Rescind/Extend Move-F
- Outgoing Portability Request-F
- Voluntary Move Form
HCV Landlords: Most landlord functions can be completed online through our Landlord portal. The Landlord Portal allows HCV landlords to conveniently access payment history, unit details, and information for families currently housed by the landlord. You may access the Landlord Portal by clicking https://myportal.memphisha.org/
If you are a current HCV owner and don’t have a Portal account, you can register and get started https://myportal.memphisha.org/, select Landlord login at the top right of the page, then click the words, "Click Here to Register." If you have yet to receive or cannot find your registration letter or code, please contact the HCVP Customer Service Center at (901) 544-1347 or by email at HCV.email@example.com.
The following downloadable forms are provided for your convenience. These forms may be submitted to us via email at HCV.firstname.lastname@example.org
Housing Assistance Payments and Monthly Check-Run: MHA will continue to make Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) promptly when due to the owner in accordance with the terms of the HAP contract. MHA will process and remit Housing Assistance and Utility Assistance payments to owners and tenants upon receipt of funding from the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD), which is typically the first week of the month.
Thank you for your your continued understanding and patience as we attempt to limit disruptions in service to our clients and the community. Stay safe and healthy!