MHA’s Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) waiting list is currently closed and is not accepting applications at this time. MHA will publicly advertise when the waiting list re-opens.
Perspective and Current Waiting List Applicants
If you are currently on the MHA waiting list, you must keep MHA informed if you have a change of address by submitting an Applicant Status Update form. If you do not respond to notices of scheduled appointments or, any notice is returned to MHA as undeliverable, your family’s name will be removed from the waiting list.
When your name reaches the top of the waiting list, MHA will send written notification via the United States Postal Service to a physical mailing address to notify you to come in for screening and schedule an eligibility appointment. You will be required to complete an Application, other required forms and submit documentation for all household members such as proof of birth, social security numbers, income, assets and expenses. Before you are issued a voucher, MHA will verify your household information and determine whether you are eligible to participate in the HCVP.PLEASE NOTE THE FOLOWING INFORMATION TO AVOID BECOMING A VICTIM OF FRAUD:
- MHA will never charge to get your name on a waiting list and there is no way paying a fee will increase chances of getting a voucher.
- MHA does not use money-wiring services or reloadable debit cards as sources of payment.
- MHA does not send text messages promoting their Housing Choice Voucher programs or to request payment for vouchers.
- MHA also does not send out emails requesting payments.
- MHA does not accept money to move anyone ahead of others on their Housing Choice Voucher waiting list.
- DO NOT provide confidential financial information on a website, text or email in looking for housing with MHA.
For additional information, click here to contact the Housing Choice Voucher Program.