Housing Choice Voucher Program
Waiting List is Closed [Click to Read 2013 Closure Statement]
The Housing Choice Voucher Program waiting list is currently closed. No new applications are being accepted at this time.
Applicants selected in the computerized random selection process will receive notification that they have been placed on the waiting list. Please allow 12 weeks following the opening period to receive notification.
Selection from the waiting list is based on your lottery position
. There are over 10,000 applicants on the waiting list; therefore, it may be some time before your name reaches the top of the Housing Choice Voucher waiting list. When your name reaches the top of the waiting list, MHA will notify you by first-class mail. The notice will inform the family of the following:
Applicants are responsible for updating MHA regarding family composition and address changes. If an applicant does not respond to notices of scheduled appointments or, any notice is returned to MHA as undeliverable, the applicant?s name will be removed from the waiting list.
- Date, time and location of the eligibility interview, including any procedures for rescheduling the interview;
- Who is required to attend the interview;
- Documents that must be provided at the interview to document the legal identity of family members;
- Documents that must be provided at the interview to document the citizenship of family members;
- Documents that must be provided at the interview to determine the annual income for the family;
- Other documents and information that should be brought to the interview.